Black Friday 2017 is so very nearly upon us, so we’ve compiled a short guide that can hopefully help you out and prepare yourself for when it comes to shopping for that next camera.
Throughout 2017 we’ve seen many new and exciting product releases in the photographic industry. The Sony A7R III, Nikon D850 and GoPro Fusion are just a few that spring to mind.
With these new and fresh products, arrives the problem of over-stocking on store shelves. Meaning one thing: to shift older stock.
But that doesn’t mean that this so-called ‘older stock’ is actually old and outdated! It means that something wonderful is about to happen; prices are about to be slashed.
Preparing for Black Friday 2017 in 5 steps
- Make a budget: This is important, especially around the holiday period with Christmas presents to think about. Once you have decided on a budget and a maximum spend limit, you’ll then want to prioritise your shopping list to make sure you get the number one item on your list and not squander money on other not-nessesary items.
- Check the Ads: It’s great to get an idea of who is taking part during the Black Friday sales and to Bookmark their online stores for easy access. Be sure to check all options before jumping in, it’s common for unfamiliar stores that you may not have shopped with in the past to offer even better deals.
- Start today: You may not already know this, but most Black Friday deals have already begun! Many stores roll out their discounts earlier than others in the November period to get a head start.
- Check social Media: Whatever platform you use (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) you’ll want to follow the of your favourite store and keep a close eye on future sales and deals. These social platforms may also provide handy real-time information, like stock levels or extended sales.
- Seriously, prepare yourself: Remember, you’re just one and many people who are about to take part in Black Friday. So it’s important to know just how many people will want the item, with the same discount, at the same store. This means servers could crash, purchases could fail and “Out of stock” warnings could appear.
- BONUS STEP: Make sure your payment details are close by. Some discounts can be timed and expire just as you’re fondling through your bag to find your wallet.
Black Friday 2017 deals to look out for
First of all, we are so exciting to take part in Black Friday 2017 with a great range of products going into a massive four-day long sale. More information will be released nearer the time and can be found here.
With the release of the GoPro Hero6 Black and GoPro’s 360-degree Fusion action camera, you’ll be sure to see many GoPro Hero5 deals in the Black Friday sales this year. With 4K videoing capabilities and the same 12mp camera as the newer Hero6, the Hero5 is still a fantastic product with great features.
SEE MORE GoPro release 5.2k 360-degree camera
The three year-old Nikon D3300 is still a fantastic entry-level camera that should feature in this year’s Black Friday sales, with the upgraded D3400 already on shelves. The D3300 still features a 24MP sensor, has great performance and an easy-to-use design.
Other models that have had a makeover this year include the full-frame Nikon D810, which has been replaced by the brilliant D850.
The super-fun range of Fujifilm Instax Instant Cameras will also be one to watch in the Black Friday sales, as Fujifilm look to entice it’s customers away from the latest Polaroid OneStep 2 Instant Camera.
And last but not least, why not have some fun and treat yourself? keep your eyes peeled for those spontaneous accessories, drones, gimbals and more. Items like this are bound to make their way into a few Black Friday sales and bundle kits.